The Women In Film Foundation Mentoring Committee is proud to announce its new mentoring program:
The mission of the Women In Film Foundation Mentoring Program is to nurture emerging female and male talent in the entertainment industry by connecting WIF members with established professionals who can offer advice and guidance. Mentees get the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the entertainment industry’s business practices and culture, focus their efforts and hone skills.
We feel strongly that mentoring is a crucial part of our mission, and that it is incumbent upon us to ensure that new generations of women in the film, television and new media business are able to take advantage of the experiences of those who have gone before them.
Description of the Program:
The goal of the WIF Mentoring Circles is to establish a safe and open environment to discuss issues relating to career objectives. Mentors and Mentees are expected to maintain mutual respect, honesty and confidentiality at all times.
Mentees will be assigned to groups of eight who will meet with two mentors, each of whom has significant experience in the entertainment industry. Mentors and mentees will be grouped randomly to ensure a cross-disciplinary focus for each group.
Mentees will have six two--hour group meetings with Mentors within a twelve-month period. Dates and locations will be determined solely by Mentors. It is the responsibility of the mentee to be available to attend meetings.
This program is only open to active WIF members at the General Level and above.
(Student Members and Associate Members are not eligible for the program.)
How to Apply:
- In order to apply to the Mentoring Circles program, mentees must be General Members or above in good standing of WIF/LA for the duration of the program.
- In order to participate in the WIF/LA Mentorship program, Mentors and Mentees must agree to the terms and conditions as set forth in confidentiality and liability documents by signing such documents prior to participating in the program.
1. Application form:
CLICK HERE for the application form.
Complete the form, scan and return via e-mail.
2. Participant Release:
CLICK HERE for the release.
Sign, scan and return via e-mail.
3. Statement of interest (500 words or less) including your one-year, five-year and ten- year career goals, outlining what you hope to gain by participating in the program. (WORD OR PDF FORMAT via e-mail.)
4. Two Letters of Recommendation from established professionals in the entertainment business. (Scanned, word or PDF format submitted via e-mail.)
General Responsibility of Mentee:
- Attend scheduled meetings
- Participate in group discussions
- Don’t monopolize conversation
- Freely communicate relevant feedback/opinions
- Do not expect or ask Mentor to take responsibility for your career progression
2013 Mentoring Circles Timeline:
|May 9, 2013
||Applications available online
|June 14, 2013
||Application materials due to
||Mentoring Circles Kick-off Networking Mixer
||First meetings with Mentoring Circle
The Women In Film Foundation proudly announces WIF Mentors for 2013:
Chevonne O’Shaughnessy - President, Mission Pictures International/American Cinema International
Cindy Bond – President, Mission Pictures International, producer
Ivy Kagan Bierman – Partner, Loeb&Loeb - entertainment attorney
Paula Silver – Founder, Beyond the Box - feature film marketing and development
Naketha Mattocks – Head of Development, Larger Than Life Productions
Hillary Bibicoff – Partner, Greenberg-Glusker - entertainment attorney
Ilene Kahn Powers – Emmy®-award winning producer, head of Kahn Power Pictures
Cathleen Summers - Producer
Pamela Rodi – Founder/Creative Director, Rodi Marketing – film marketing and publicity
Susan Cartsonis – Producer, President, Storefront Pictures
Tamara Rawitt - Emmy®-award winning producer, “In Living Color”
Rena Ronson – Co-Head, Independent Film Group, UTA
Sarah Jackson – personal manager
Shelby Stone – Producer, Shelby Stone Productions
The WIF Foundation Mentorship Committee
Chevonne O’Shaunessy (President, Mission Pictures International and American Cinema International)
Marion Rosenberg ( The Marion Rosenberg Company, manager/ producer)
Pat Quinn (Partner/Manager, Quinn Media)
Ivy Kagan Bierman (Partner, Loeb&Loeb)
Lillah McCarthy (SVP Original Programming, TNT/TBS)
Nina Nisenholtz (President, N2N Entertainment)
Cathleen Summers (Producer)
Tamara Rawitt (Emmy®-Award winning producer, “In Living Color”)
Deborah Miller (Talent Manager, Shelter Entertainment Group)
Cindy Bond (President, Mission Pictures International)
Kathy Fields Lander (Actress, Producer, In Your Dreams Productions)